Final Grades are In - Missouri Boys and Girls Ratings - March 21st, 2021

 Final grades are in the bank and being tabulated.  Wow! What a finish to the MSHSAA basketball season with the games yesterday.

I missed one final game prediction and that was Boonville Girls' win over Mount Vernon.  Back when Boonville beat Westminster Academy by 15, I should have been on alert but I was thinking about my foot surgery and it did not register in my mind.

Here are yesterday's game predictions and results.  

For the boys, Class four champ Vashon beat Westminster boys, as predicted but the Westminster team dictated the tempo and Vashon struggled at times but eventually prevailed.  This Westminster team comes back pretty much intact next year so watch out for them.  Vashon, expertly guided by Tony Irons, loses four senior starters but will be outstanding again next year with a slew of great underclassmen.

Class Five Cardinal Ritter won their fourth title in the last eleven years with a nifty ten-point win over gritty Bolivar.  Ritter has to reload for graduating seniors but will be rocking again next year.

No surprise with Class Six Kickapoo, who led by as much as 22 but managed to stave off a tough Liberty KC team by nine.  I thought this game might be closer but there was too much talent on the Kickapoo squad for this well-coached and disciplined Liberty team.


On the girls' side, I already mentioned by blindspot for Boonville.  What a game for Boonville early with a rainstorm of threes and then to have the Mountaineers rally from 45-23 deficit in the third quarter to get back to with three with under two minutes.  Hats off the Boonville for not folding after that serious comeback.  Boonville wins their first-ever girls' championship.

I had Whitfield with a whisker hair edge over West Plains but Whitfield shredded the Zizzers with a sixteen-point win.  After a couple of runner-up finishes, congratulations to Whitfield on its first-ever state title.

I thought Webster Groves might have a chance, after their upset of Kickapoo but Incarnate Word pretty much held to my spread with the 21 point victory.  I had predicted IWA by 18 but they nearly unstoppable last night for their eleventh state championship.


Five out of six games correctly prognosticated.  That leaves me with a record of 374 out of 476 games correctly rated or a 79% accuracy.


That leaves me with one final task.  Updating the boy's and girl's class four through six ratings and reconciling the final four teams with the many great teams that were knocked out in early rounds.  So I have some additional figuring to do and I will probably post on my conundrum before I post any actual ratings over at 810Varsity or on my blog.

For other posts, check them out here:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri Boys class one high school basketball ratings 12/22/2020

Back2back Final Missouri Boys Class Five Basketball Ratings - March 22, 2021