Missouri Boys Class One District seedings and State Tournament Playoff predictions 2/11/2021

Updated Class One boys district ratings based on games on February 24th

Today's blog is the start of a series of posts on district seedings and state tournament participants.  I am starting with class one boys and will move through the classes.  I will post girls class one then move up to boys and girls class two and so on until I get to class six, probably just prior to district playoffs.

So here are the class one boys' predictions.  This prediction is a lot easier than any other.  Barring a catastrophe of some sort, I have the Panthers winning the title.  The South Iron Panthers should be playing the Mound City Panthers in the final so I can't miss that prediction (South Iron will be this year's class one champion).  

I have listed the teams by my rank in each district.  I have put their MSHSAA district seed in parentheses behind their name.  For the most part, seedings fall in line with my ratings, with a few exceptions.  Some of the small districts have not seeded yet.

One of the biggest battles will be in district five where #1 seed, Lockwood (19-1), will have to beat #2 seed Golden City.  I have Golden City beating Lockwood by 7, given they have split two games and Golden City winning by 13 in the second match after a four-point loss to Lockwood previously.

I am sure there will be some upsets along the way but I will predict the final eight, final four, and state championship winner with the opponent and spread:

Final Eight: Delta, South Iron, Chadwick, Golden City,  Thomas Jefferson Independent Day Joplin, Leeton, Novinger, Southwest Livingston County, and Mound City

Final Four:  South Iron,  Golden City,  Leeton, Mound City

State Champion:  South Iron over Mound City by 30

District play-offs start February 22nd for class one teams.




 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri Boys class one high school basketball ratings 12/22/2020

Back2back Final Missouri Boys Class Five Basketball Ratings - March 22, 2021