Handy Dandy Alphabetical Listing of Missouri Boys Basketball Ratings - February 27th, 2021

When I was a working stiff, I developed a philosophy that helped me overcome my desire for perfectionism.  I invented a sage professor of philosophy whom I named Dr, Gudenov (pronounced good enough).  When I worked on a project, rather than polishing feathers, I would say this work output is good enough and others will accept it as satisfactory, even if my perfectionism told me it could be better.  I would say "If it is good enough for Dr. Gudenov, it is good enough for me too".

That is sort of how I feel about these Missouri Boys and Girls high school basketball ratings.  They could always be better but sometimes, it is good enough for Dr. Gudenov and I will post what I have rather than what I would ideally like.

I have received wonderful feedback from a number of readers, even if I don't feel like I have it totally right yet.  Several readers thought I should take over the job of seeding districts for boys and girls, although I would just be happy if they might look at my ratings before they seed.  The most gratifying praise comes from esteemed coaches, who will go unmentioned, that have been astounded by the accuracy of the ratings (at least for their highly successful teams).  One assistant coach, who teaches English, gave me an "A" grade for the blog.  Another head coach, who teaches math, gave me an "A" for the statistical rating model and wanted to learn more about it after his team's run through the play-offs.  Another coach gave me high praise after I predicted a 39 point win and his team won 79-39.  Even a blind mule finds water occasionally.

Besides the confidence of Chad Rader over at 810varsity who posts my top 20 by class, Bill Gunn is now posting my predictions over at MoSports and the Scoreboard Guy retweets just about everything I post.  I just wish I could get Prep Hoops Missouri to use my ratings on their empty Missouri Team Rankings page that remains blank.

So, for those that want to reference the ratings during the state districts and play-offs, here is an alphabetical listing of all the Missouri teams.  I will update this list every week at this link until the championships so you can come back to it at any time.

Remember this is all in good fun.... Don't take it too seriously and good luck to your team.

I have posted the girls at Handy Dandy Alphabetical listing of Missouri Girls Basketball Ratings February 27th, 2021 (gramps2021missourihoops.blogspot.com)




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missouri Boys class one high school basketball ratings 12/22/2020

Back2back Final Missouri Boys Class Five Basketball Ratings - March 22, 2021